Premium protection for businesses
Enhanced protection for Top-rated Sellers
As a Top-rated seller, we know you’re already committed to providing excellent service. This is why we have extra protections to assist Top-rated sellers like you deal with abusive buyers or from events outside your control. We take action to protect all sellers against abusive buyers in the UK every month, and we’re constantly improving our systems to make our marketplace as safe as possible.
How to get enhanced protection
Be Top-rated seller and offer minimum 30 day returns (buyer or seller paid) Reside in the UK or the Republic of Ireland Don’t be rated 'Very High' in
- Don’t misuse protections
- Only give partial refunds to recoup the actual lost value of the item when it is returned in a different condition than the original item
- Only report buyers for opening false item not as described returns where you correctly described the item
- Accept the return and give the buyer a refund
Report the buyer through the Report a Buyer functionality in the returns flow or in the Resolutions center.
Partial refunds for returned items
You can give a partial refund for items returned, used or damaged
- Give refunds based on the condition of the returned item — you can deduct up to 50% of refund for the loss of values on the item
- We’ll remove feedback, defects, cases in service metrics and we’ll take care of any remaining issues with the buy
Credit for false “Not as Described” claims
You’ll receive a credit for returns shipping cost when the buyer falsely says the item is not as described
- Report the buyer when you issue the refund through the eBay Returns flow
- You will receive a credit in your invoice for the amount of the return shipping cost up to £6
- We'll automatically remove any feedback, defects, and open cases in service metrics
How do I qualify for premium protection for businesses?
- Top-rated Sellers who reside in the UK and the Republic of Ireland are eligible for protections on items that offer 30 day or longer returns and are listed on eBay.co.uk or ebay.ie.
- The protections apply whether you ship the item to a buyer locally or internationally.
I received a false claim — what should I do?
- Offer 30 day or longer returns to be protected from Item Not As Described claims on eligible transactions.
- If a buyer makes a false claim, please accept the return and report the buyer to us. You will receive a return postage label subsidy on your invoice.
- We'll also automatically remove any negative and neutral feedback, defects, and open cases in service metrics.
- Provide postal tracking to avoid Item Not Received claims. If the tracking shows on-time item delivery, you are protected.
I received a return that was used and/or damaged. What should I do?
- When you give a refund for an item that has been returned after it has been used or damaged, you can deduct up to 50% from the refund for the lost value of the item. We'll take care of any issues with the buyer, including removing any negative and neutral feedback, defects, and open cases in service metrics.