Offers to Buyers tool improvements
We’re making a number of improvements to the Send Offer to Buyers tool to help you send more offers with less effort. The changes could increase the chances of potential buyers accepting your offers.
We’re making improvements to our Send Offer to Buyers tool to make it even more useful to you and your business. We know that around 30% more watchers turn into buyers when they receive an offer from a seller.* Find out more about these new changes below.
Reach more potential buyers with your offers
We’ve been working to improve the tool so that you’re able to reach more potential buyers at a time. There are a number of changes that will have a positive impact on this:
- We’re adjusting how we determine who your potential buyers are. Currently, they’re identified by signals that they’re interested in your items, such as when they add the item to their Watch List or basket. Soon we’ll also incorporate browse data so we can capture those buyers who visit your items frequently without buying.
- By the end of March 2020, the number of potential buyers that you’ll be able to send an offer to at one time will increase from 10 to 40, allowing you to broadcast your offer to a much larger audience. Please note that if you have more than 40 potential buyers for an item, the most recent 40 will receive the offer. You can then send another offer to reach up to 40 of the next set of potential buyers.
- Currently, the lowest discount you can offer your potential buyers is 5%. We’re reducing the minimum discount for items over £200 to a variable amount you can see in your Send Offer window on your high-priced items. The discount will change according to the item price so you’ll still be able to offer significant discounts for your high-value items.
Get more of your offers accepted
We’re introducing some changes that could increase the likelihood of buyers accepting your offers:
- From the end of March 2020, you’ll be able to allow counter offers from your buyers on the eBay app. Previously only available through the Seller Hub active listings tab on desktop, this gives potential buyers the opportunity to counter your offers and finalise the sale. Please note, you’ll be able to disable this option if you don’t want to receive counter offers.
- We’ll also be introducing offer reminders to your potential buyers 24 hours after they’re sent. This might help to notify potential buyers who might have missed the offer the first time it was sent. Please note, we’ll be monitoring notifications to ensure that buyers don’t receive too many.
Access and manage offers more easily
We’re making it easier for you to access and manage the offers you send:
- From March 2020, you’ll be able to quickly access your listings that are eligible for the “Offer to Buyers” feature from the task window of the Seller Hub overview page.
- You’ll also be able to quickly filter for listings that are eligible for Offer to Buyers on the eBay app, an option previously only available on desktop.
At this time, there’s nothing you need to do. Be on the lookout for the improvements coming at the end of March.
Have you tried the Offer to Buyers feature before? Head to the Seller Hub to check out your eligible listings.
*Data surveyed from the eBay.co.uk, eBay.de, eBay.it, eBay.fr, eBay.es and eBay.com.au sites from June - December 2019.