New features for eBay Shops
What you need to know
Your Shop is your brand’s home on eBay. It’s more than a window for buyers to browse your listings; it’s a tool to build your brand, engage with your buyers, and grow your business. We’re continuing to invest in improvements to Shops to make them a world-class tool for growing your business on and off eBay:
- There are now more ways for you to tell your story and build your brand through your Shop, including a new About tab.
- You’ve got more ways to drive traffic to your Shop, including an easier way for you to create custom newsletters and for buyers to choose to get them.
- You'll soon be able to manage your Shop from a dedicated tab in Seller Hub.
- Over the coming weeks, you’ll see new features to help engage buyers once they’re in your Shop. These include featured products, visual navigation for your categories, clickable marketing banners, and customised policy blocks.
A modern Shop experience - for you and your buyers
You may have already noticed some enhancements to how you and your buyers experience Shops. With simplified designs and an upcoming dedicated Shops tab in Seller Hub, Shops are getting easier for your buyers to find and easier for you to maintain.
A simplified, modern Shop design
Over the past year, Shops have got a new, simplified design that helps you engage with buyers no matter what device they’re using.
Shops have also expanded from desktop-only to mobile web and the eBay app. When Shops became available on the eBay app last year, sellers who migrated to the new design saw on average a 20% increase in traffic from the app.*
That increased traffic can translate to more sales. Buyers who visited a seller’s Shop were on average ~25% more likely to buy from that seller again within 90 days.** Buyers who visit Shops spend more too - on average at least 25% more than those who don't visit Shops.†
We’re continuing to update and simplify the Shop experience, to get more buyers browsing on Shops - which translates into more potential sales for you.
Upload your logo and custom banner
You can upload custom branding to your Shop, including your logo and a unique banner. Adding your branding helps you make a good first impression. Now, it also helps eBay drive traffic back to your Shop, by showcasing your logo in places like your listings.
Add your story in a new About tab
As part of the Shop design update, you’ll see a new About tab. Use this space to add a description of your brand or company and tell your business’ story. Your About section helps build trust with your buyers and lets them know more about who they’re shopping from.
More ways to get buyers to your Shop, with less effort
More visibility for your Shop
When you upload your custom branding, we’ll display your Shop link and logo on your listings. This gives buyers an easy way to find your Shop. We’ll also showcase some featured Shops on buyers’ Shops Hub, making them more visible and easier to find than ever.
Your Shop is more likely to be featured if you complete all of the information, add logos and banners, and maintain high seller standards.
eBay Shop newsletters
With eBay Shop newsletters, you can create and send custom campaigns to buyers who’ve signed up to get your newsletter.
Now, you have an updated Shop newsletter tool that’s more effective and easier to use. With this new tool, you can build modern, engaging newsletters in minutes. Just pick one of our ready-made templates, customise it to fit your brand and message, and choose how often to send it.
Learn more about eBay Shop newsletters.
It’s now easier for buyers to choose to get your newsletter
Buyers can already save your Shop to their favourites - now, when a buyer clicks Save they can also choose to get your newsletters. The simplified, modern Shop design puts this option right on your listings, making it easier than ever for buyers to choose to get your newsletter.
What’s next for Shops?
Over the coming weeks, you’ll also see new features to improve how you engage buyers on your Shop, including:
- Manage your Shop from a dedicated tab in Seller Hub: It will be easier than ever to manage your Shop, with a dedicated Shops tab in Seller Hub. Add your logo and customise your Shop - all from one easy access point.
- Showcase featured products: Choose what products you want to showcase. Buyers will see them in a dedicated module at the top of your Shop.
- Highlight your categories for easy, visual navigation: Choose which categories to draw attention to, and give your buyers a quick, visual way to navigate what you offer.
- Marketing banners: Create clickable marketing banners to grab buyers’ attention and showcase products, sales, or promotions.
- Set expectations with customised policy blocks: Let buyers know what to expect when it comes to things like postage, returns, or warranty services.
- Newsletter sign-up from your About tab: In the coming weeks, your Shop’s About tab will get a new button to encourage buyers to sign up for your newsletters.
If you’re already a Shop subscriber, head over to your Shop to see how easy it is to update and design your Shop. Make sure to add your logo and a custom banner, fill out your Shop’s About page, and create your custom newsletters.
If you don’t already have a Shop subscription, learn more about the benefits.
*Based on data from sellers across all eBay sites in December 2020.
**Based on data from sellers on eBay.co.uk between January and November 2020.
†Based on a 360 day look forward for UK buyer transactions occurring in January 2020.