Research and performance tools
What you need to know
- You’ll be seeing new updates to the reports in the Performance tab within Seller Hub. This includes the listing quality and sales reports.
- There are a number of enhancements coming to Terapeak Sourcing Insights to simplify your experience and give you a wider range of data
You’ve been asking us for more data to help build and track your business on eBay. To give you more of what you need, we’ve made some updates to the tools and reports on the Performance and Research tabs in Seller Hub. Use these new features to get an insight into how you’re doing compared to your competitors and how you can optimise your listings.
New in the Performance Tab in Seller Hub
Earlier this year, we launched the Listing Quality Report. This report is a downloadable document that provides you with analysis at listing and category level. It suggests specific actions you can take to optimise your listings and categories. You can use this to help boost your views, impressions, and sales. It was designed with input from the seller community to make sure it matches the needs of your business.
To keep improving the report, we’ve made some updates.
This month, the Listing Quality Report will be available to download in three formats:
- A PDF “one-page summary”.
- An Excel “full-report” with one tab per category.
- A CSV “raw data” file, to be exported for further analysis.
In the past, you could see the analysis of your 10 categories with the most live listings. You’ll now be in control of which categories will show up in the report. You’ll also have the option to keep the existing analysis, using the top 10 categories with the most live listings.
To learn about how to read the report and what you can expect to find in it, check out our Seller Centre page.
There are new enhancements to the Sales Report in the Performance tab. You can now filter sales by “Year to Date", look back at sales data for up to 1 year, and filter by sales via Promoted Listings or offers.
You’ll soon also be able to see:
- Sales insights. Sales by category and by listing format (auction vs fixed price)
- Buyer insights. You’ll be able to see new vs repeat buyers and total buyers
- New search functions. You’ll be able to search by item ID or title
New in the Research Tab in Seller Hub
You can use Terapeak Sourcing Insights to see the top 20 searched categories on eBay. This is based on sales from the last 30 days. Find this under a new tab called “Top Categories”.
Terapeak Product Research
You’ll see that Terapeak Product Research has a new look and feel. The search box and data range options makes it simpler for you to look for what you need. You can search for what you’re looking for and then filter for the details.