- Account-based selling allowances
- Category based listing allowances
- Item-based listing allowances
- Increasing your listing or selling allowances
eBay is committed to providing a safe and trusted marketplace for all buyers and sellers. We want to give new sellers the support they need to complete their first sales successfully and ensure a positive experience for both parties. As such, many sellers, including eBay Shops subscribers, will have listing or selling allowances placed on their accounts, or in certain categories or items until they confirm key personal information or establish a positive selling history.
To help you stay within these allowances, as a new seller, you can only use bulk listing/editing tools after 90 days and when you’ve received at least 10 positive Feedback ratings.
3 types of allowances may apply, depending on the seller:
- Account-based selling allowances.
- Category-based listing allowances.
- Item-based listing allowances.
Find out how these allowances are applied, how to increase your allowances and improve your selling performance.
- Click My eBay.
- Select Sell or Selling Manager on the left side of the page.
- Business, Office & Industrial
- Cars, Motorcycles & Vehicles (except for Parts & Accessories)
- Assume you have a monthly selling allowance of 10 items.
- In your first week, you list 10 items. Out of the 10 listed items, you sell 2 items.
- The next time you list, you will be able to list 8 items. If you sell 5 out of the 8 listed items, you will be able to list 2 more items.
- If you sell both items, you have reached your selling allowance for the month and you won't be able to sell any more.
- Confirming your key personal information
- Linking your new account to an established account
- Contact us
If you exceed your limit in a month, you should reduce the number of active listings to bring it within your limit. Any listings that you place over your current limit may be automatically ended.
- It's been less than 90 days since your first successful sale as an eBay seller.
- You haven't sold multiple items in this category before.
- You haven't sold in this category in over a year.
- Cases have been opened against you for more than 3% of your total transactions in the last year.
- Mobile & Home Phones > Mobile & Smart Phones
- Clothing, Shoes & Accessories > Men's Accessories > Sunglasses
- Clothing, Shoes & Accessories > Wedding Clothing > Bride
- Clothing, Shoes & Accessories > Wedding Clothing > Bridesmaids dresses
- Clothes, Shoes & Accessories > Women's Bags
- Clothes, Shoes & Accessories > Women's Accessories > Sunglasses
- Clothes, Shoes & Accessories > Women's Accessories > Wallets & Purses
- Computing >Apple Computers & Components > Apple Desktops
- Computing >Apple Computers & Components > Apple Laptops
- Computing > Desktop PCs & Monitors > Desktop PCs
- Computing > Laptops & Netbooks
- Computing > Software
- Computing > PC Components > Drives & Storage > USB/ Pen/ Key/ Flash Drives
- Consumer Electronics > DVD & Home Cinema
- Consumer Electronics > GPS > GPS Systems
- Consumer Electronics > MP3 Players
- Consumer Electronics > Televisions
- Photography > Camcorders
- Photography > Digital Cameras
- Video Games > Games
- Video Games > Consoles
How useful was this page?: