We know that safety is important to you when selling online. See how our Seller Protection Team works to make eBay a fair and safe marketplace.
We take action to protect thousands of sellers in the UK every month, and we’re constantly improving our systems to make our marketplace as safe as possible.
Here are just a few of the ways you’re protected.
Automatic protection against high-risk buyers
Our team is on the lookout 24/7 for bad buyer behaviour. And they’re backed by large-scale, automated detection systems that monitor millions of transactions every day.
We may automatically remove negative or neutral Feedback when:
- We know that a buyer consistently leaves neutral or negative Feedback that is inconsistent with a seller’s overall performance.
- We identify that a buyer is trying to get an unauthorised refund or avoid paying for a return.
- We stop suspended buyers from returning by identifying linked accounts or aliases
How the eBay Money Back Guarantee protects sellers
The eBay Money Back Guarantee is designed to allow buyers to make purchases with confidence.
It also protects sellers in the following ways:
- If a buyer opens a case and you refund them within 8 days, we will refund your final value fee for the transaction.
- Buyers are always encouraged to contact the seller before filing a case. If you’re not able to resolve the issue, you can ask us to step in and help
Our customer service team is on-hand to help. If you have a problem with a buyer that you’re not able to resolve, you can get assistance via online chat or phone.
If you feel that a buyer has violated our rules and policies, let us know. It only takes a minute and will help us monitor buyer activity, which helps protect you as well as the rest of the selling community.