When you’ve sold something, you can buy your postage and print your postage labels all in My eBay.
Buying your postage on eBay is usually the same price or cheaper than what you’d pay otherwise, and you’ll save time by printing the postage label at home and avoiding the queues.
And when you buy your postage with us, we’ll automatically let your buyer know that the item is on its way.
Buying postage on eBay
Go to My eBay > Selling > Sold and select Print postage label next to the sold item that you want to buy postage for.
Make sure the details on the screen are correct. In particular, you should check the buyer’s name, delivery address and the amount that they paid for postage.
Enter the weight of your item, including any packaging, and select Calculate.
If you need to choose a faster delivery service at this stage, select Compare delivery services to find alternative options.
Finally, select Purchase postage to pay using your PayPal account and to proceed to printing.
Printing your eBay postage label
You don’t need any special kind of printer to print postage labels - if it can print text that you can read, you’re good to go.
When you’ve paid for your postage you’ll be prompted to print your label. Alternatively, you can print or reprint a label at:
My eBay > Selling > Sold > [the item you’re printing a label for] > Reprint label
Once your label is fixed firmly and clearly to the front of your package, it’s time to send it to its new owner.
Send it on its way
Your next steps depend on the service you are using.
- If you're using a non-tracked Royal Mail service, just drop the packaged item into a post box.
- If you're using a Royal Mail service with tracking, or a Parcelforce Worldwide service, you'll need to drop your item off at a Post Office. Find your nearest Post Office.
- For Collect+ services, you'll need to drop your item off at a Collect+ shop. There are more than 5,000 shops in the UK, many of which are open at convenient, extended hours. Find your nearest Collect+ outlet.
eBay postage labels expiration and cancellations
There are a few things to bear in mind when buying postage on eBay:
- Royal Mail labels are valid until the end of the next working day after the date of purchase.
- Parcelforce Worldwide labels are valid for 5 working days after the date of purchase.
- Collect+ labels are valid up to 14 days after the date of purchase.
If you no longer need a label you have paid for but not used, you can cancel it up to 7 days after purchase. Go to:
My eBay > Selling > Sold > [the item you’d like to cancel] > Cancel label
You’ll receive a refund to your PayPal account within 21 days.
If you bought a postage label more than 7 days ago and haven’t used it, you can request a refund. Go to:
My eBay > Sell > Postage labels > [the postage label you would like a refund for] > Actions > Refund
You will then be asked to specify a reason for cancelling the label. The postal service will then evaluate your request and, if approved at their end, you’ll receive a refund to your PayPal account within 19 days.