Buy and print postage on eBay
Save time and money when sending out your eBay items by paying for postage online and printing your own postage labels.
You don't need a special printer or adhesive labels for eBay postage labels - just print the label on normal A4 paper and tape it to the package.
Purchase postage labels for delivery services from Royal Mail, Parcelforce Worldwide and Collect+
- Pay the same price as when buying your postage at the Post Office or Collect+ shop - paying online means a quick and easy drop-off.
- Parcelforce Worldwide labels are discounted on eBay and are valid for 5 working days after the date of purchase.
- Royal Mail labels are valid until the end of the next working day after the date of purchase.
- Collect+ labels are valid up to 14 days after the date of purchase.
Pay for your label with PayPal and pay only the cost of the delivery service - no extra charges
- Pay for labels individually, or set up a billing agreement so that you can pay automatically without having to log in to your PayPal account every time.
Easily manage all your postage from My eBay
- Print postage labels quickly from almost any printer
- Create and print a pre-filled packing slip, detailing what you are sending to your buyer
- Preview your labels before you print them
- Reprint a label at no extra charge
- Cancel your label if necessary and get a refund (you must cancel the label within 7 days)
Keep your buyer informed
- When you buy and print postage, we'll let the buyer know that you're getting ready to send the item.
- If the service you're using offers tracking, the tracking information appears automatically in My eBay for both you and the buyer. (Applies to Parcelforce Worldwide and Collect+ services. If you're using a tracked Royal Mail service, the tracking information will be added when you drop the item off, and you can enter it in My eBay.)
Go to the Sold section of My eBay and click Print postage label next to your item.
- Review the details on the Print postage label page:
- Check the buyer's user ID, transaction details and amount paid for postage
- Check the buyer's delivery address. (You can edit it if your buyer has asked you to send the item to an alternative address.)
- Check the date your buyer expects to receive the item. If the postal service selected won't deliver the item on time, select a faster service so you can meet your buyer's expectations.
- Weigh your packaged item so you're buying enough postage. Enter the weight in kilograms (so: 700 grams is 0.7 kilograms) and click Calculate.
Tip: Check the type of package. Most items will be parcel-sized, but some will meet Royal Mail's dimensions for letter or large letter, so postage may be less expensive.
If you need to choose a different delivery service, click Compare delivery services. Choose the service you want and click Save.
Type a note to your buyer in the Add message to buyer email box. This will be included in the email that eBay sends to your buyer letting them know you're preparing the item for dispatch. (The email won't include the amount you spent on your postage label.)
- Click Purchase postage to pay for your postage label with PayPal.
Tip: To print postage labels more quickly, link your PayPal account to eBay postage labels. Tick the box to set up a billing agreement to pay for labels from your PayPal account.
- Click Print postage label to create and print your postage labels. Your label should open in a new window. (Click the printer icon, or go to File and then Print to send your label to your printer.)
Tip: If your browser isn't set up to open Adobe Acrobat Reader or another PDF viewer automatically, save your label to your PC, then open it in your PDF viewer to print it.
- Drop your item off.
- If you're using a non-tracked Royal Mail service, just drop the item into a post box.
- If you're using a Royal Mail service with tracking, or a Parcelforce Worldwide, you'll need to drop your item off at a Post Office. Find your nearest Post Office
- For Collect+ services, you'll need to drop your item off at a Collect+ shop. There are more than 5,000 shops in the UK, many of which are open at convenient, extended hours. Find your nearest Collect+ outlet
Your next step: print your postage label
- Reprinting a label
If your label doesn't print properly, you can print it again. Click Reprint label from the Print postage label screen, or go back to My eBay and click Print another label.
- Cancelling a label
You can cancel your postage label at any time up to 7 days after purchase. Click Cancel label from the Print postage label screen. The cost of the label will be refunded to your PayPal account within 21 days.
- Requesting a refund
If you don't use a label you've bought, you can request a refund.
- Go to My eBay and click Sell on the left side of the page.
- Click Postage Labels.
- Find the label and select Refund from the Actions column.
When you request the refund you need to specify a reason (postage destroyed, changed mind, postage lost, label did not print) which the postal service will assess. If the label isn't used, the refund will be processed within 19 days and the funds will be returned to the same PayPal account you used to pay for the label.
- Log in to your PayPal account and go to Profile/My Money.
- Under My Preapproved Payments you'll see the billing agreement, for eBay Intl AG.
- Click on it and you'll find a link to cancel the agreement.