To ensure our marketplace remains a trusted place to buy and sell, we may limit the number of items you can sell each month.
To help you stay within these allowances, as a new seller, you can only use bulk listing/editing tools after 90 days and when you’ve received at least 10 positive Feedback ratings.
3 types of allowances may apply, depending on the seller:
- Account-based selling allowances.
- Category-based listing allowances.
- Item-based listing allowances.
To check your current selling allowance go to My eBay > Selling.
Account-based selling allowances
Account-based selling allowances enable stable growth on our site. Allowances will vary between sellers and may be increased based on your overall selling activity.
In the Monthly selling allowances section of My eBay > Selling you'll see a red alert once you've reached your allowance, and you won't be able to sell more items in that month. You will have the option of requesting a higher selling allowance.
If you fall below the minimum performance standard, selling allowances may be placed on your account to help you improve your selling performance. You can check your seller performance standards in your seller standards dashboard.
Account-based selling allowances don't apply to the following categories:
- Business, Office & Industrial
- Cars, Motorcycles & Vehicles (except for Parts & Accessories)
Category-based listing allowances
We may limit the amount you can sell in a particular category or if:
- It's been less than 90 days since your first successful sale.
- You haven't sold multiple items in this category before.
- You fall below the minimum performance standard.
- You haven't sold in this category in over a year.
In addition to the above, there are restrictions to the number of items you can sell in certain categories.
Item-based listing allowances
Item-based listing allowances are in place to protect against listings for counterfeit items, fakes, replicas, or unauthorised copies.
When you’ve been a seller for at least 90 days with good detailed seller ratings, you may be eligible to have your listing allowance increased. We'll consider the following when we determine whether to change selling limits:
- Positive buyer Feedback.
- No unresolved requests with buyers.
- Selling history (minimum 3 months) and activity as a seller on the site.
- Absence of Feedback questioning the authenticity of the item(s).
- PayPal verification.
- History of following eBay policies.
- General good standing of the account.
If your account meets the above factors, contact us and we'll be happy to review your account.
If you don't qualify to have these allowances increased at this time, check again in 30 days. You may be able to list more items in this category or type at that time. These listing allowances only apply to certain categories or types of items, and you can usually continue to list other types of items as long as they also follow our policies.