eBay doesn't allow the sale of alcoholic beverages except for pre-approved sales of wine. You can find more information about selling wine on eBay below. We don't allow the sale of collectable containers that contain alcohol.
Make sure your listing follows our guidelines. If it doesn't, it may be removed, your buying and selling privileges could be restricted and your account may be suspended.
- Link to our alcohol policy page
- A lawful postage policy that specifies the country to which you can post wine (if any), and any restrictions on such shipments (for example, whether the wine can be posted directly to consumers)
- The buyer's age requirement: buyers must be at least 18 years old to purchase alcohol
- Language which lets buyers know that the seller has been pre-approved by eBay prior to listing wine
- Be at least 18 years old
- If the recipient of the wine isn't the buyer, the member must ensure that the recipient is at least 18 years old.
- Make sure that the transaction follows all commerce laws, including all laws around postage and fulfillment
- Limitation of liability: Both buyer and seller expressly acknowledge and agree that eBay shall not be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages or lost profits (however arising, including negligence) resulting from or in connection with the sale of property on the eBay site.
- Representations and warranties:
Each seller represents and warrants that:
Each buyer represents and warrants that:
- The seller of the wine has the right, power, and authority to sell the wine.
- The owner of the wine owns all necessary and required licenses to lawfully carry out wine-related transactions on our site, and post the item to its purchaser.
- The recipient (and buyer if different from the recipient) has proven he or she is 18 years of age or older prior to delivery.
- The transaction will comply with all commerce laws, including all laws around postage and fulfillment
- The buyer of the wine is at least 18 years old.
- The recipient of the wine is at least 18 years old.
- The transaction will comply with all laws, including all laws around postage and fulfillment.
- Indemnification: The seller is solely responsible for compliance with all laws associated with the sale of wine. The seller indemnifies eBay of all responsibility associated with this sale. It is therefore the seller's sole discretion of the completion of the transaction based on its ability to assure that the transaction is in compliance with all laws associated with the sale of alcohol.
- Postage: Certain local laws and regulations may govern and limit a seller's ability to sell and post wine and other alcohol. As a seller, you are solely responsible to consult with legal and/or other experts to determine which laws and regulations may impact your activities and to fully abide by those laws and regulations. Since each country has its own regulations governing the shipment of wine, seller must clearly note which countries it is able to post to in the item description.
- Age: Sellers posting wine must require the recipient to be in possession of photo identification confirming he/she is 18 years of age or older. Buyer, if different from recipient, must also show proof of age.